Meeting 125 (11 Mar 2021)
Visual Studio 2019 update
How does Modern C++ (C++20) compare with Rust?
Even if you don’t use Rust learn it. It will make you a better C++ programmer. #
LIEF: Library to Instrument Executable Formats
This project aims to provide a cross platform library to parse, modify and abstract ELF, PE and MachO formats.
- GitHub (Apache 2 Licence)
- Profiling C++ code with Frida
Enforcing Signatures On Templated Callbacks
Improving Print Logging with Line Pos Info & Modern C++
The perils of the accidental C++ conversion constructor
No one hates C++ more than the people who love C++. #
Making Win32 APIs More Accessible to More Languages
C++ and game engines
Hey, I started out with C++ 3 months ago and really love it. I already have some experience in Unity, but I’d like to use C++. Is there any engine you would recommend me to try out? I know about Unreal Engine but I can’t find any good tutorials for how to use C++ with Unreal Engine. Is there any other option or a tutorial series or anything you could recommend me?
Game developers, what compiler optimization setting do you use?
Gaming meets modern C++ - a fast and reliable entity component system (ECS) and much more.
- Announcement on Reddit
- GitHub (C++17, MIT)
Solving differential equations with LLVM
Heyoka is a C++ library for the integration of ordinary differential equations (ODEs) via Taylor’s method. Notable features include:
- support for both double-precision and extended-precision floating-point types (80-bit and 28-bit),
- the ability to maintain machine precision accuracy over tens of billions of timesteps, batch mode integration to harness the power of modern SIMD instruction sets,
- a high-performance implementation of Taylor’s method based on automatic differentiation techniques and aggressive just-in-time compilation via LLVM.
TTauri: modern retained-mode GUI library in C++20
C++20 Coroutines: sketching a minimal async framework
New project flowchart