Meeting 15 August 2019
Cologne Trip Report
GCC 9.2 Released
Remember the Vasa! or, plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose
C++ is growing. Change can be daunting, but I think we’re going to be fine. And when one day a specific little hammer is just the right tool for the task at hand, I’ll be thankful that someone added that hammer to my toolbox.
VxWorks uses Clang and C++14
VxWorks powers more than 2 billion devices.
Fixing C++ with epochs
The goal of this blog post is to convince you that we need an equivalent of Rust Editions in C++, and that it is possible and a good idea.
Should not exceptions be finally deprecated?
I have been programming in C++ for a long time, but I still do not understand how to use exceptions.
A C++ acronym glossary
- Seemingly erroneous (appearing Constrained by conflicting generic parameters), but Actually works with the Right implementation (unconstrained bY the conflict due to minimized dependencies). From http://www.stroustrup.com/SCARY.pdf
Productivity Improvements for Visual C++
- New Default Semantic Colorization
- Template Argument Filtering in Call Stack Window
- IntelliCode On-By-Default
Free Book > Pro TBB
C++ Parallel Programming with Threading Building Blocks
Stop using out arguments
Sean Parent: https://stlab.cc/tips/stop-using-out-arguments.html
- Code: https://github.com/ThePhD/out_ptr (Boost)